Dear PracticalPips member,
Change is afoot!
It is with great pleasure that I can share this news with you. Over the last few months, we’ve been working hard behind the scenes to figure out new ways of bringing real value to you, the trader.
It’s all coming together quite nicely, I must say. As with all things, there is an element of risk involved, and I’ll get to what that means for us a bit later.
I wanted to explain what we plan on doing (and what has already started).
Being involved in the forex industry for many years now, and being a regulated money-manager, I have the privilege of meeting many professional traders. Whenever I talk shop with these traders, I always learn something. And I try and bring these learnings to you. But now we’re going to take things a step further – we’re going to bring the pros directly to you.
We’re inviting several professional traders to our Telegram chat room. They all make a living trading the markets, they all have different approaches and ideas and backgrounds, and they all are willing to contribute.
Will this work? I mean, will it cause confusion, or conflict, or perhaps something I haven’t thought of and all come crashing down? Well, maybe. I hope not. However, it’s a risk I want to take for the potential upside it might bring. I’ve tried to iron out as many kinks as I could to make sure that everything is as smooth and efficient as possible. The honest truth is that I don’t know how it’s going to work out. We’re going to be gaining many members over the next while, with a bunch of opinionated (maybe pushy?) traders to go along with them. Well, I like them, I hope you will too.
I hope that the value in sharing that knowledge and continuing the build our community will reflect in your bottom line. As I have always said, there is no “one way” to approach the market, and my way isn’t for everyone. So I hope this step we are taking helps you find your way.
Some important points:
- If at any time you don’t like what our trade room has become, speak up. I will listen, and I always appreciate the feedback.
- I’ve never had to enforce any real rules in the trade room. Disagreeing on trades or market direction is part of the game, and healthy. We have always mixed markets with humour and respect, and I hope to continue our trade room with the same values.
- We’re rebranding our trade room. PracticalPips isn’t going away, not at all. It’s going to expand substantially. Our Telegram trade room is going to be renamed and rebranded “Ubuntu”. Why are we doing this? Well, many of the professional traders I’m inviting in have existing brands of their own whereby they market themselves. Others are full-time traders who trade their own money and couldn’t care less what the trade room is called. However, it’s not fair for me to invite a professional trader into the PracticalPips’ trade room, and encourage him or her to share, while under “my” brand.
- So why “Ubuntu” or “Ubuntu Markets”, is it just a catchy name? It’s more than that. UbuntuMarkets.com is a brand new broker. I have never punted a broker before, and my broad view is that each trader still needs to make his or her own decision as to what is right. But we’re throwing our hat in the ring with Ubuntu Markets, for reasons I will share later on (to stop this from getting too long). In short, my money and my client’s money is all going to Ubuntu. And it’s a brand as a broker that each one of the pro traders we’re inviting in is happy to share.
- Thank you. I thank you for being a valued member of our community. Whether you’re active or a bit on the quiet side, that’s all OK. Many of you place your trust in me to manage your money, and I thank you too. Trust is the most valuable thing in the world.
The changes will come in stages as we figure them all out and make small adjustments. Now you know the bigger picture I hope you are as excited as I am. As always, I am available to chat if you have any comments or questions.
P.S. One of the pro traders I mentioned has already suggested what might be a better platform that Telegram. We’re going to check it out. Why not have the best?